Skip to main content

Stairwells to the 2nd-3rd Floor Pretty Uncommon in Hospitals

I really was hesitant to write about this on my blog. The content seemed a bit dark and well not the news topic I wanted to write about on Awesome. But I couldn't help it. I was compelled because I thought for all the steps one would take on their pedometer, in some places, it would begin once you took the elevator to the 2nd floor hmmm. Getting to the point- I realized how easy it was for a women to be in the stairwell of a hospital and not be found until several days or weeks afterwards, and that's because many health professionals at hospitals don't take the stairs. What!!!!! That's right long gone are the days for steps you once trekked in jr. high, high school and college. So what if something is wrong with elevator well there must be a plan C because plan B is likely not the steps.

To be fair I can understand why you'd monitor the steps and the hospitals. They should be. Good security never hurts. However, to not know the diagram or layout makes my eyes widen. It's like a college campus in some places and if nothing else you should at least be able to get to the 2nd floor by walking.

From a health point why aren't we stepping it up or down sometimes? So what's my reason for the stairs? It's good cardio that is sometimes missing in my life. It's healthy and positive effects (just like a treadmill). Besides,  I like the satisfaction of knowing my heal to toe mechanics are (walking) still in motion. We take a lot for granted. And I just learned why, we've done away with the basics. Just like students don't dare do simple math without a calculator we don't dare go to the second floor without the elevator. It gives the appearance of quick. Now don't go getting all excited either. There are legitimate reasons for the elevator to the second floor it's called not feeling well or other difficulties. That's exactly why I don't mind putting my quads to work every once in a while. I am sensitive to those who have challenges in that area.

Don't get me wrong it can be tiring. So the choice is definitely an individual one. I like a mix of both as it wouldn't be advisable going up to the 20th floor. I'd problem need medical assistance. But there is a difference between 2 and 20 if you know what I mean. This link might be a tad bit motivating. http://abcnews.go.com/US/orderly-reported-woman-hospital-stairwell-week-body-found/story?id=20630617

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.