Skip to main content

The Magic of a Happy Home & Its Blessing

Family Fun
Okay, so for my viewers we loved carol of the bells but I didn't get to do my rendition. However, there is another song that rings true in the spirit of love and happiness and it is a Happy Home. I capitalized "Happy Home" on purpose because it is so important. When parents connect with their children in a healthy way its like magic. It really does create a special unity and bond for generations to come if the relationships are nurtured and maintained.

However, if a parent does not hear the heart of a child then there's such a discord that makes lack of harmony unavoidable. Now how do I know, well I have a sibling several years younger and I know what it's like to have discord in the home. Siblings argue and fight at times much to our parents chagrin. However, I have a lot of good memories with my sibling that we can share to this day. Guess what? We overcome discord by focusing on what we have in common, what we can agree on, traditions worth keeping, and values and passions worth preserving and maintaining. We want the same  blessing and success for my nephew. Thus several reasons for working toward happiness and making sure the family nucleus is strong. The same concepts and applications work for a lot of families and could hold true for yours as well.

The one key ingredient is that no one could destroy the bond. That holds true today. So I can just mention something that seemingly is unimportant to everyone else but is a moment of truth or laughter for us. It is part of the language of family culture we've preserved. These small but important tools of family communication are part of family survival- often "imparted " or learned throughout the years

Children are not always as mature as adults and we have to groom them to be so. We have to avoid provoking them so that they trust us. We have to communicate that you're life, your spirit and your soul is safe in my care and in this family. When you feel valued in your family, you treasure those feelings and the word family communicates a certain meaning and shared of importance in your life. I had that growing up and it's a vital to how I'll rear my children.


Love, laughter, bonding, and fun, is the magic of a Happy Home and the Blessing thereof. Even in distance, the long phone conversations and anticipation of seeing each other at the holidays or during the year is so important. Take heart and love into the summer and pray for "faith in standing" while the lessons are learned. If you're like me sometimes you have those Judy Blume Moments. Are you There God it's me... and we need to achieve some things in the family and I'm asking for you to show up quick, fast and in a hurry and give me grace to smile and laugh through it all.

                               
Yes, family life can be much like this water ride...splashy!
 But its worth in the end

Be protective of your children's lair if you will. Make sure that you're voice is the one they know represents love. My grandmother's favorite place of discussion was the kitchen table. We did a lot of talking about everything. It was the best thing ever. She was a fierce protector of our relationship and our family and I can't thank her enough. If that rings true for you then you know what I mean. If by chance such as fallen out of your grasp-it's not to late to start and make your family a happy home and a place of blessing and rest for your children.

~Thoughts on Family Life~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.