Skip to main content

Christmas Shopping

I was out in the stores and had such a great time. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the music, lights, and just the overall spirit of the season. It really is a joyous occasion. And get this, not just because you get gifts. I figured to be honest with myself I should at least determine what I like about Christmas outside of the gifts? And so I did just that. For so long I thought it was the music and all the other great things that make Christmas what it is but I realized I associate love with Christmas. Some may say well that's a no brainer. But it wasn't for me. In fact I was shocked to realize that more so than valentines day, Christmas ranks at the top of my list for love, kindness, goodwill toward man, and yes falling in love (woooo).  So what does that have to do with shopping. Well I went to the stores this weekend and I had so much fun. Fun looking at gifts and Christmas decorations. I can't wait to decorate. It's going to be a team effort and from the sound of the conversation everyone else is excited too.

And guess what? I have a Christmas wish list this year too. Even if  I don't get everything on my list I had fun making it out. So what's the point of today's message. These are hard times economically, but don't forget to love, dream, and share some holiday cheer. Most importantly, don't forget to enjoy life and share some quality time with the family. Do you know that you can be around people every day and still  not share quality time. Quality time is deliberate,  you really pause, stop to hear the thoughts of the other person, laugh together because your souls have been tickled in the same moment. The point of it all is to create love and memories on purpose. For those who are blessed to have family around don't miss this opportunity and if you don't have family embrace the friends and new people in your life. Love is an all year thing when people get to know who you really are. It's where you give a damn about the other person and you say, today I seek to really have an intimate connection with someone. That's what makes Christmas so special because you remember to do that.

So here's my list.... And if you like share yours with me. I think it's just as fascinating to see what others want too!! By the way, I didn't number them from most important to least. I just started typing. Oh in case you wondered some of these are carryovers from last year.

Here goes............................

A kiss under the mistletoe  (I think this is the cutest thing ever and I've wanted to do it for as long as I can remember)
To always be surrounded by true love ( True love is renewing, there's life in true love-everything else is draining and toxic. I've learned that many people never get this right. Its really a matter of the heart.).
To prepare a candle light dinner
A gift certificate toTJ Maxx
A gift certificate to Best Buy
A new computer
Dreams come true


 There are more heartfelt desires that I'll work on all year round. But that's the broad and short of it. What's on your list? Don't forget to spread some Christmas cheer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.