Skip to main content

Me-Time

As always, if I'm frustrated a long drive with some scenery allows me time to think and release what's in my heart and mind. It's amazing the contrasting imagery and homes you see when traveling a long road. I know there's debate over whether ignorance is bliss but one thing’s for sure perspective is everything. So much so that it was hard to capture my feelings-most thoughts were coming as fast as I was driving those winding curves and hills that was only two lanes. It was those coming and going. I was literally going no-where I was merely driving but I wondered how many were headed home in this beautiful piece of land carved out for residential living. The sprawling land between each home was the landscape and backdrop to my many feelings, feelings that I imagine would be like the dew resting on those lawns come morning. As I kept driving I kept saying to myself what do you see? What do you see? The question was more figurative than it was literal. It was more like what is your heart feeling because of what you see? Of course there are too many to type here, besides some thoughts were personal and was for me and only me after all this was my me-time. But in this moment this one thing was clear to me...Regardless to your socioeconomic status, how big or small your pocket-book or the size of your home this I know to be true and that is behind those four walls every man has to make his house a home.

I've been thinking about that since I got home and am still translating and processing what that means to me. One thing’s for sure, I don't plan on doing things quite the same. Nothing major just small changes of doing what I need to better me. Today’s drive was just another small whisper that is saying listen to your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.