Skip to main content

Two by The Hand




You may be wondering why I keep emphasizing partnerships and collaboration. It's because I truly believe that there is something special about sharing your life with someone and with others. But here's another reason why. I get the sense that we live in a world where there's a lot of pressure to sacrifice your life and I don't agree with it. I've probably been watching more tv over the last 15 months than I have over the last decade or so literally. And drama tv has presented interesting stories and concepts of which you find a lot of shows on what I call sacrificial love. Don't get me wrong parents do it all the time. But remember the saying that is not only wise but a blessing also to leave your children and your children's children an inheritance? The end result of sacrifice should be improved lives. If not you're asking for strained relationships at the very least.

That's why I heavily promote sharing and collaboration because you get the most benefit. Children will be that much a head of the game leveraging parents successes rather than their failures. Sure we learn and grow from them both and challenges definitely have their place. However the advantage more often than not comes from leveraging successful partnerships in our lives, relationships and marriages. Ask children who come from predominately single parent homes. Ever looked at the statistics? Better yet talk to children and the parents.

Here's the point I'm making, shy away from running to the slaughter our communities are not well served when we do. What do I mean when I say that?  Don't misplace your understanding of sacrifice. Many of our communities have suffered because of it. Often times we put negative labels on people pursuing their dreams but we shouldn't. There's so many statistics that speak otherwise. I'd love to share more with you. We are coming up on 2012 and I believe there are tangible perspectives rarely ever talked about that effect our youth, homes, and communities.

As much hard work as it may be marriage is a good example of partnership. When we work hard at the partnership we see the beautiful results that come from it. Is it a cure all? No. But it is a place to start. That’s why from my marriage to important relationships I want them to be partnerships. I know the benefits. When you find ways to support one another it’s helpful.

Ask this question and look around. You may have heard the term but what does it really mean to have a community of partners? Then look to see if you can see a difference.

If you'd like to dialogue with me on this subject let me know? I'm always eager to hear your ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.