Skip to main content

Save Something for Yourself.

I've been absent from this blog and I know its been far too long. I would call my absence a sabbatical except that it wasn't. I suppose it could be considered down time...-transition might be a better word actually. It was certainly time that left me with much to ponder and wonder. Truth be told I'm full of "lots to say" but wanting to carefully craft my thoughts into something "marketable" has me planning the direction of my post. For me marketable just means I want to appeal to my audience in a way that's tangible. Of course that lasted all of a few seconds up until I started writing this post because today I'm pensive, I'm full and need to release. For all the topics I have planned I still find that I'm going off script. The deviation so strong that it must be something needed in the atmosphere or perhaps my need for expression is stronger. Humbly I'll accept the latter. I needed to blog as much as this empty page needed to be filled with words. I didn't even have a title until I started writing. I think it best conveys my thought for women, young adults and girls but most importantly for me.

Save something for yourself. I use to think of that as a type of self preservation but as I write, for me, it's all of that including the need to express, and expel your voice to break up motionless silence in this loud world. The kind that wants to push down the things that matter most or is important to you. It's saving the truth of who you are, it's savoring "real" relationships with genuine people. It's all of those things that give pulse to your life.

Yes, save something for yourself is knowing that good exist and you deserve it. It's knowing that there's a part II to this topic. It's about loving yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.