Skip to main content

Truth is...everyone but me.

Sometimes if you sit back and observe you notice a lot of things. This one observation seems to be true. If your husband listens to everyone but you, is extremely slow on his ability to respond, thinks he has all the  answers to what you think without ever consulting you or saying a single word to you in important regards...There is a problem. It's a major problem and you can best believe he hasn't factored you in the equation at all.

If he's unable to communicate how he feels directly to you...That's an even bigger issue because you're the one who's hurt by those type of actions. Other people can say I'm sorry, I didn't know. But you live with those decisions and then have to try and see if there's enough in the relationship to work your way back.

Boom!!! If you aren't talking to your other half, your helpmate, your support system you've likely made so many wrong decisions that she's doubtful on where she factors in. Now if he drives the extra mile, is ringing your doorbell, calling you on the phone, and saying "baby let's talk, let me tell you, I wonder how... let me run this by you", then you have something. You know you are a priority.

The same is true for women. I always put myself in those same shoes. Am I willing to make my presence known, will to go the extra mile to make sure that we are on one accord. If you find that it's one-sided, and you don't get the benefit of hearing the other say "I've considered you and this is what I'm thinking", then you don't get the benefit of knowing how important you are. We all have different love languages and included in that is provision. But successful relationships are founded on "how well" you share your lives together. How well the two of you interact and exchange. If you look around and he's never there in important times, when it matters to you; that's a message and you have to determine the longevity of this behavior

Truth is, if you wake up and in 12 month (or longer) time span he's never been there for you to say, today I felt... then he isn't with you. He may be in someone else's life but he isn't in yours. And I've never, I mean never been sweet on the idea of having too many people in personal affairs. It's too much chaos. If for nothing else, my grandmother says, the affairs of your heart are not professional choices they are personal choices. The two should be intimately separately. One may help make the journey more meaningful. However, you have to establish important foundations first.

Here's something to rollover on in the morning as you get out of bed or when you look her in the eye... is she thankful or hurt. In fact is she lifted by your love or carrying a burden.

Just a little truth talk this morning. I'm thinking I'll talk my coffee black this morning no sugar or cream. Problem is I don't drink coffee but relationships can really bring some bitter truths that make the strongest coffee seem sweet. Now that's some truth for you...even for me and I'm the author of these words. Hmmmm...I'm thinking I rolled out on the wrong side of the bed. Let's see if I can't lie down and wake up to sweeter dreams.  If reality hits in the morning I'll be making a run to that coffee house to brighten up my day!!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.