Skip to main content

In Honor of 9/11

I had thoughts of starting the day off with early morning reflections regarding 9-11. But I decided to wait a minute and see what my thoughts were at the end of it. I did this because sometimes letting your thoughts linger will allow them to crystallize.

9-11 was tragic there's no doubt about it. But how do you turn such an event around in your heart to reflect the light of the lives of those who were lost and those affected most deeply by it. It's really hard to pen one thing and probably because there is no one thing that we do to acknowledge a day such as 9-11. So I thought my day was appropriate to not only start with prayer, but to fellowship with family and meet or talk to someone that I didn't know. I look at September 11th as a day when the lives of so many people, people who didn't know each other came together in more ways than one could imagine. Some would help each other and remain lifelong friends, some would see the face of someone they didn't know for the first and last time ever, some would hang on to each other for dear life and so many more lives would touch in unimaginable ways the day the earth stood still.

Today I could have stayed home and just been with family but also thought it important to go out and be amongst people and honor the fact that to be able to choose this day who and how I would spend it was the blessing. To meet or speak to someone I didn't know no longer felt awkward anymore as I conclude to go and eat dinner I'm just that much more Thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.