Skip to main content
A little Drop...


And yet, when I thought that I had concealed, camouflaged, or even gotten away with treading the waters lightly, not wanting to come across too harsh, an unexpected someone, the writer of “Like The Dew” journal comes along and picks my mental vacillation, or is it more like my slip into the past where I ask permission to express the truth as I see it, my environment as it has shown me it is, knowing that there is nothing sustainable in such hesitation, realizing that some people close enough to touch me desire the wrong path, and with a chastising slice to my consciousness he warns to write with such indecision is apathy. But he massages the truth with we must balance cynicism and wonder.  On another day, I might be inclined to ignore the obvious but rather than be a coward I recognize that he peeped the hole in my card. But I’m comforted that he recognizes and even eases my apprehension with this quote:

It’s back-breaking work,” he says, “to keep alive one’s feeling of delight when one has no doubt about the world’s constant acts of ugliness, the greed of small men, and the brutality of time’s unbroken progression.”

It is in times like these that you remember to continue to put one foot in front of the other and appreciate the deepest truth when it has been shared.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.