Skip to main content

Back to school...


A few days ago I posted this comment...Being diverse in your readership is always worthwhile.

Growing up I was always made to read. It didn't matter what it was, an article, comics in a newspaper, a novel, a magazine but something. It was a long held belief of my grandmothers and one that no one I mean no one got out of. Yes Saturdays was full of good smells of any one of these delights- grits and salmon, hot biscuits, blueberry muffins, or pancakes among other things. But one wouldn't guess that we also had to write reports. I know it's hilarious. We laugh about it today. But my grandmother's belief in reading was well versed in her understanding of wisdom and knowledge. She said during slavery the thought was "put it in a book" and negros wouldn't read it. And because of it at 5 years of age I was able to read a short book novel and a book of poems. And won't you know my toddler nephew loves his books too. I'm just ecstatic!

That being said, I realized that I have a business book to finish and another book (of any genre) I plan on reading I'm not sure what I'll choose just yet. That being said if you haven't done so perhaps you can squeeze in some last minute summer reading it may just encourage the young ones to get in the swing of things as many of them have started back to school.

Over the next few days look for a few more back to school posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.