Skip to main content

Misunderstandings

So today I receive an email from my aunt- carryover from a conversation yesterday. It was unclear if she was trying to get clarity on my perspective or reiterating the fact that she and I didn't see eye to eye. Either way, I think it was clear that we just didn't understand each other and often times that can be a point of contention. Based on our previous conversation it was somewhat. But I got an epiphany and I realized misunderstandings don't have to be bothersome. Sometimes you just don't see the other person's point of view. And that's okay.


Clearing up misunderstandings are critical when you are held accountable for something you don't know that you should particularly if it puts you at a disadvantage. Otherwise a mere disagreement in perspective is just that. You can move on and talk about something different that you do agree on and who knows it may align you to agree on other matters down the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.