Skip to main content

A Nice Breeze and a Bit of Perspective


As I stated yesterday I went for a walk and enjoyable it was. It was windy and I loved it. 70 degrees and a breeze didn't make for a bad time outdoors at all. Needless to say it brought yesterday's earlier agitation (read totally perturbed) to a simmer and provided an interesting perspective.

I relished the blowing air and thought about my time in college. It was great and I got through it with out too much drama or incident (with the exception of a few memorables, which is for another day another post). That being said, I didn't drink, smoke or experiment with drugs. I don't say that as some type of badge of honor because that's not the case at all. But it was apparent, that somewhere along the way I truly believed what my grandparents told me growing up about character, honor, and integrity. However, the older I get I've grown wary or maybe even cynical at what maybe appears to be watered-down standards we've immersed ourselves in society. Notice I say appears to be. Perhaps honor isn't about reputation, privilege and character; of course what is character without integrity- to be sound and complete.

Or maybe it all has it's place, honor, humor, moral goodness etc.. you know all the adjectives we bestow toward each other.  But perhaps the real conundrum here is well, it's really time for me to live a little. The man who chugs a few down every once in awhile might just be wise after all. Perhaps he knows something that I don't about living. Some times you have to say to Hell with it #@%#.

So if you see me with my hair down, blowing in the wind-honk one time I've just grown a little wiser. That nice breeze and a bit of perspective let me see things for what it really is.... It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood if I say so myself.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.