Skip to main content
"Nobody loves you better because you have used yourself up for them." Gloria Feldt

You know I think this quote is absolutely Awesome!!!!! I happened upon it unintentionally as I was doing some early morning reading. What a pleasant surprise. Not that any woman (or man for that matter) intends to use themselves up for anyone per se but perhaps it happens in a sense. Earlier this week I expressed that I felt I wasn't getting what I needed in terms of energy from my immediate surroundings and relationships. Finding this today felt like a little whisper that said, when you begin to feel like you're being depleted this is what you are getting very close to. Reading this today was my confirmation you know, a providential answer of sorts and a rebuke to the notion that you continue on without being replenished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.