Skip to main content

Has Technology Affected Our Relationships


From Myspace, Facebook, Twitter and any other social haven we see more conversation electronically than ever before.

The question I have is-are we losing the ability to form "real" and "intimate" relationships platonic or otherwise? Some may take me to task on this but I think we have. What about the tangible world is it overrated? Do we still allow ourselves to be up close and personal with the people we can touch? I think we are not fostering relationships the same and consequently young people miss out on the real emotions that go with how we affect one another.

Now don't get me wrong I think social media is great but I also have personal relationships of 20+ years to balance it all out. I can say with certainty I have first-hand knowledge of someone's character. I think our young people are missing that component. Perhaps it's not just them. I'm a child of the 70s and we are heavy in technology just like the next group. I know I’ve asked more questions than I’ve answered but sometimes it’s good to have food for thought.

So tell me, are we fostering quality relationships? Are we losing intimacy or gaining? What's the balance to it all?

Sound off here. Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.