Skip to main content

The Day After Christmas

Christmas day was great. I didn't go to bed until the wee hours again and needless to say I was wrapping gifts at 4:30 that morning as the children rose ready to open their presents. It probably would be useless to most to continue wrapping when everyone would open them minutes after but I did so anyway. I like to do it and wrapping gifts is as much a part of the Christmas festivities as decorating the tree. And just as Christmas day was fun so was the day after.  We followed up Christmas dinner with a fish fry and a game of spades. It was great and me and my partner won the game.

We had  great time laughing and kidding with each other. We listened to music and sang along. Nothing like those oldies but goodies. We all took part from the oldest to the youngest adding our voices to the music. To outsiders it may have seemed like no big deal but to me it was as much a part of loving each others as was the gift giving. I sat back and thought that's what love is all about. You know every family is composed of people who have different personalities, likes and interests, but it's great when you can find the thing that you all can do together.

I want to give a shout out to everyone who traveled to be with family. Till we gather again, I wish you all love, peace, and good health. May God continue to bless and keep you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.