Skip to main content

Thoughts of Christmas

Thought of Christmas
A quiet time alone to meditate on the holiday season. When your thoughts are simple and pure as the snowfall. No fuss or contention just a moment to quiet your mind and ponder the beauty of the season.

I watched something today that caught my attention. It made me think about forerunners and trailblazers who were the first of their kind. Like the snow flowers first break thru at spring before any other of flora could bloom. Of all the firsts that took place my mind traveled back to a place that in its own way held its importance in all seasons even at Christmas time. I thought about the brightest shining light in the sky, that for women, especially my people, people of color, held a historical ubiquity that has stood the ages of time. It’s twinkle led to freedom and even provided direction to the manger.

I thought in amazement how different periods of time, centuries apart, and can still group people together with like significance. For me as the door opened and I felt the crisp wind in my face, Noel and Polaris had more in common than Yuletide greetings. It’s oddity struck me with a bit of chill that was left behind after the door had closed. It was Christmas time and what a beautiful likely connection it would seem, but I didn’t know whether to rejoice, or feel melancholy. I suppose I should settle for a little of both. Perhaps songs I had sung as a child were reminiscent of what I was feeling at this moment. I smile because clearly some one had pondered this long before me. But my eyes glisten because for a fleeting moment, I am caught up in histories past and present woven together. What better time than now to listen to my favorite Christmas songs for comfort and peace.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.