Skip to main content

The Month of Febuary

February is Black History Month and sense Valentines Day is the middle of February I'm going to consider it the month of love too. I never looked at it that way but considering the time we are in I think it's apropos that love be intermingled with issues that are of strong civil and moral nature. I think it balances things out.

That being said, this month lends good energy for you to assess where you are, how well you've done with the things you've planned at the beginning of the year, your thoughts about how you as a people (African American) have advanced, and your thoughts on what you desire.

From that perspective some things become so clear.  I know what I want. I've never been the type to want something someone else has, I don't want to project my life on to someone else and I believe that positive partnerships are really key to positive living and successful endeavors. This allows you to inspire rather than take from one another. If you look closely at the civil rights movement this was the type of energy that really supported togetherness and unity.

The second aspect of my reflection comes from being aware and careful about who and what attach themselves to your life. This one thing is critical to making sure that your life is recharged so that you can continue pursuing what you are purposed to do. It boils down to influence. Who’s trying to connect with you? The wrong connections end up being detraction rather than an addition. Make sure you are apart of value added relationships. Relationships that are open and honest and again built on unity and not division. Because this makes all the difference in the world. One of the greatest hindrances in the world is to have people who cannot support you in your endeavors.

We learned this from the civil rights movement. There were many who supported equal rights but even more were against the fact that to be born in America you were born free. While I understand the history of my people I'm still amazed at the mindset that arrived at that notion. History has taught us that people will project their will on to you but that is not good rapport. Quite the contrary, I think it can lead to destruction of happy lives.

So with that, I can say freely, I have my dreams, visions and desires for love and hopefully you have your own too. Needing not to project negative desires on to the other but partnering in love to accomplish what God has given each of us to do. In doing so, we respect each other and can recharge one another to accomplish our goals-those individually as well as collective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.