Skip to main content

Its okay...Being and Dreaming Has a Place in Your Life

First let me start by saying, this poem was done several years ago. It incorporates the many facets of our life including who you are, where you come from, and where you are going. Its intended to mix reality with hope, fun with joy and optimism with vision. It's a tribute to accepting who you are and having the courage to be. The courage to accept having something to offer. The courage to accept being beautiful in different shapes and hues.

The Beauty of Imperfection

The psalmist said I will praise thee,
For I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Making me a woman of integrity, simplistically with dignity
I do what is right and keep my distance from those who bring strife
From those who don't know the good from the evil
Right from wrong, I'm careful to protect my throne
The place where God keeps me safe and shows me his face
From the crown of my head to the sole of my feet, God breathed on me.
 Born with a head full of thick hair
My main is my Glory-that's what they told me
Strong arms and broad shoulders
To carry the load put before me
My complexion like that of chocolate almond
A hint of toffee
Yeah I'm sweet
That's why they call me Tea
...
I'm no size 6 
I don't have long legs
But he made me Imperfect and Full of Beauty

This is the shortened version of this poem but, I hope it encourages you to embrace the "you" that you are called to be.

~T.G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.