Skip to main content

Looking Back to go Forward

As I stated, we are closing out the first decade of the 21st Century. I thought it would be interesting to go back to the 20th Century and see what my goals were. I went back to 1999 and suffice it to say I wasn't surprised to see the vision I had written for my life. I was relieved to see that I had accomplished some things. However, there was still more for me to do. My journal entry consisted of 13 goals. One of those 13 goals was traveling around the world. I still have that to accomplish. In addition I was looking at school opportunities as well (3 of them), business endeavors and other wonderful things. What I found interesting is that 3 of those dreams I'm still hoping to see come to past.

With that, here's what I know for sure: Not all people will encourage you and your dreams. Make sure you surround yourself with people who love, support and care for you. Those who will embrace your vision.  I  can remember when I heard the term dream killers and at the time I thought it was a harsh 2 word term. But I've learned that there are dream killers and stealers who will not hesitate to seize the opportunity to steal your dream, life and anything else they didn't have the courage to develop or dream on their own. I've also learned that you have to be just as determined to hold on to your dreams as those who want to steal them.

With that there is a famous song that says "Hold on to your dreams" and I plan on doing just that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just thinking

Love is the thing that makes you smile, knows when you need a hug, supports you when you need uplifting, is a calming force, an ally when needed, but more importantly a hand to hold in times good, bad, and otherwise. Love is not be feared. But we should fear never giving ourselves and truly loving.